by Howard7
Explorer

Why can’t I get 4g roaming in Prague and why won’t any images work on Instagram

Using a iPhone 7Splus I think. Roaming in Prague and can’t get anything like a consistent signal. Max network offered is 3g and even then apps like Instagram not working either uploading or seeing feed. Also no data emails downloading. 

Have ve done a hard reset. Have tried shifting to another network from automatic. Have tried resetting network settings. 

Help please 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can’t I get 4g roaming in Prague and why won’t any images work on Instag

As to your 2nd Q: 

Media users worldwide are experiencing issues with some features of WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram.

Facebook is working to resolve this as soon as possible.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can’t I get 4g roaming in Prague and why won’t any images work on Instag

Hi @Howard7 

EE cannot guarantee the quality or service you receive when roaming in foreign networks. 

As for Instagram and Facebook if you take a look on any news site you will see they are down for everyone in the world. This isn't an EE problem.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Howard7
Explorer

I had a look st the news. Thanks for the heads up. 

Very disappointed that they can’t handle 4g. Especially when every other company here can. My wife’s phone included. Doesn’t bode well for 5g does it. They’re certainly charging me as if they were providing a premium 2019 service - not a slow, sun standard signal from 10 years back. But like being in a time warp watching emails try to download attachments. 

Guess it’s time to head back to Vodafone. No point in paying premium business rates for a service that’s been aimed at amateurs is there. ‘Not EE’s problem’ just doesn’t cut it in the real world does it. Glad I’m out of contract at this point.

Cherrs for for making the time to answer. Appreciate the insight into FB and Insta.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Howard7    You’re not using a EE network when you’re in Prague you’re using a roaming network. If any roaming network has issues or is under maintenance that’s not down to EE to fix.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Howard7.

Have you tried manually connecting to another network while you're there?

Some networks may not have 4G compatibility in Prague.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.