by Dalek Investigator
Investigator

Why can my data be used when roaming in Ireland but my minutes and texts can not

Why can my data be used when roaming in Ireland but my minutes and texts can not?

8 REPLIES 8
by Dalek Investigator
Investigator

Why can I use my data but can not use my minutes or text in Ireland on roaming

I can use my data on roaming in Ireland but cannot call on my minutes or text so am unable to contact EE. I can't get my data balance as EE app won't register my number and I have been getting it by texting. What do I do?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can I use my data but can not use my minutes or text in Ireland on roami

You need to contact CS to lift International call barring.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dalek Investigator
Investigator

Re: Why can I use my data but can not use my minutes or text in Ireland on roami

Thanks for that but how do I do that. I can't call or text. Their app won't register my phone number so I can't use that for even checking my balance on my data 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Use the landline nos. in my sig. over Skype for free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @Dalek and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Dalek Investigator
Investigator

No it didn't. I used someone else's phone to call Ee and can now text to 150 but only get an automated response that is useless. I suspect no one  can call me or text me as well as haven't received any. Put some money on Skype and called them again this afternoon but gave up after half an hour listening to music. 

by Dalek Investigator
Investigator

Success. Don't know what was done but suddenly got a call and can now call out. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @Dalek

Thank you for coming back and letting us know.

Hope you have a lovely time in Ireland 🙂

Come back anytime!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.