by LizS Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Why can I not make calls from Spain?

Hi, 

I am in Spain where I have come for a holiday. I can receive texts and calls from the UK. I can also use data. I cannot call or text the UK. This is really frustrating as thought that roaming was included in my contract. 

Can anyone help please?

TIA

Liz

3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Why can I not make calls from Spain?

Hello @LizS sorry to hear you are having problems making calls while abroad. You can check if roaming is active on your account by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>manage device. Try restarting your phone and/or trying a manual network search and selecting another local roaming network if possible. What phone do you have? 🙂

by LizS Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Tom 🙂 thank you so much!! I have found the problem - roaming is not enabled from my device. 

However, I selected 'enable' and it cannot do it from Spain. I also cannot call 150 from here. 

Anyone know how I can handle that from here? 

TIA. 

Liz 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @LizS to get roaming enabled on your account please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from another phone who can look in to this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.