by lukea101
Explorer

Why are my calls not dialling abroad?

Hello,

I am currently in France and every time I try to call one of my contacts the phone goes to 'dial assist' then says 'call ended' 

Can someone please why this is happening and provide a solutIon

Many thanks 

Luke

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Why are my calls not dialling abroad?

Hello @lukea101 sorry to hear you are having problems using your phone abroad. You can check if roaming has been enabled on your account by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>manage device. If roaming is enabled then try restating your phone and/or trying a manual network search and trying another local roaming network if possible. 

If roaming is not enabled or none of the above work please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from any phone who can access the account and look into this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @lukea101 sorry to hear you are having problems using your phone abroad. You can check if roaming has been enabled on your account by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>manage device. If roaming is enabled then try restating your phone and/or trying a manual network search and trying another local roaming network if possible. 

If roaming is not enabled or none of the above work please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from any phone who can access the account and look into this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Do you have a signal at all?

If so, you do need to dial all numbers in the full international format by adding a plus sign then 44 then dropping the first zero off the number i.e. for 01234 567890 i.e. landlines needs to be dialed as +44 1234 567890 or 07123 456789 i.e. mobile phones needs to be dialed as +44 7123 345678.

The easiest thing to do is save all your contacts in the full international format in your contact list as that way they will always work when abroad and leaving them in the full international format will also still work when back in the UK.

by lukea101
Explorer

Thanks...that sorted it! 

Cheers

Luke

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @lukea101 come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.