by KeelyMack
Explorer

Why are calls barred in Switzerland

I'm currently in Switzerland and despite EE saying I can make calls to UK and EU numbers, whenever I try and ring any number, the message 'this connection is barred for the requested region' comes up. How can this be fixed? Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Employee

Re: Why are calls barred in Switzerland

Hi and welcome to the Community @KeelyMack

So I can try and assist firstly,please can I get you to perform a manual network search and choose an alternative provider.

If that does not help, please let me know if you are using an EE personal or business account.

Many thanks,

Lee

by KeelyMack
Explorer

Hi Lee, 

thank you for the help. When I got into Switzerland, my phone connected to the network Swisscom and it says I have signal on that? Would that be what you mean by a network search? Just to note I can receive calls from people, they do come through. It is also a personal account I have. 

Hope this helps, thank you 

by
EE Employee

Hi @KeelyMack

I manual network search is performed in the "Network" part of your device settings, you would choose a different network other than what is currently displayed.

I have generated you a unique chat link to our customer service team, who will be happy to look into this for you.

This can be found in your Private Messages.

The link will be active from now till 9pm (UK TIME).

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.