by joeaj
Explorer

Which Canadian network do EE piggy back on when using data in Canada?

No one at EE who I spoke with seemed to know, it seems to be very difficult to find this information. Is it Rogers, as I have seen that mentioned on a couple of websites but nothing official?

13 REPLIES 13
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Which Canadian network do EE piggy back on when using data in Canada?

Well, according to this page, EE do use Rogers in Canada for 4G (expand the 'Using 4G abroad' section).

No idea if they use any other networks for just 2G or 3G though sorry?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It was Rogers as suggested by @Profile closed

Also when I was there I did briefly see Bell on my phone.

This was 3 years ago though.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by joeaj
Explorer

Thank you both!

by
EE Employee

Hi @joeaj

Just to confirm both Rogers and Bell are available to use whilst Roaming in Canada.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Ennis-obrien
Explorer

To Karen at Community Support

Can I confirm that my phone will work on the Bell network? This is important as there are parts of Newfoundland where Rogers simply has no coverage, but Bell has.

Many thanks.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Ennis-obrien and welcome to the community.

You would need to perform a manual network search to give you the ability to select the preferred network of your choosing.

As @Karen_C has mentioned both Bell and Rogers are available.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ennis-obrien
Explorer

Many thanks for your help.

by
EE Employee

by thewhitelion27
Explorer

I can comprehensively confirm that EE contractual obligations are overseen by Rodgers. Rodgers is one of the 3 main providers in Canada. The main advantage of this contract is that Rodgers have an ongoing agreement with the other main providers TELLUS and BELL where if Rodgers are unable to provide connectivity then it automatically takes on one of the other two if available.

This is the case across all of Canada as I have just witnessed and checked personally. 

You can not set your phone to default to the others however. It will change automatically when there is a alternative signal available.

I can also further state that with the older 2017 max plan that if you  have more than 15GB of data in your plan you will be able to use all of it at no additional cost. With the new 2018 max plans however, you will be capped at 15GB.

Hope this helps. 😉

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@thewhitelion27 wrote:

With the new 2018 max plans however, you will be capped at 15GB.

Where is that documented & confirmed by EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by thewhitelion27
Explorer

I have no idea but it's what at least 5 advisors have said to me. They
seemed absolutely sure so it must be written some where.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@thewhitelion27: But it isn't written anywhere. Only the EU has a 15 GB / month Fair Usage limit written everywhere.

Ask 4 EE agents & 2 will say it is & 2 will say it isn't is other users' experience.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@thewhitelion27  “Hope this helps” you were talking to somebody who asked the question back in 2017. Your a little late with the help.   Lol. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.