by Clojames65
Visitor

Where do I stand using my phone in New Zealand, without unlocking?

I am currently working & traveling in New Zealand for 12 months, EE won't unlock my phone for the reason of it not being old enough however I haven't been offered an alternative. With calls and texts costing £1 a minute I don't think I can't carry on this way, £200 in 7 days just to talk to my family isn't really expectable . What are my alternative options to try and prevent this huge bill. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Where do I stand using my phone in New Zealand, without unlocking?

Hi,

1. Pay off your account and then EE will unlock your phone
  2. Call/TXT/Video chat on Whatsapp/skype or other apps on wifi for free for 6 months then you can unlock your phone.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @Clojames65 and welcome to the community.

How long have you had the device for?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Clojames65HERE are the costs for roaming in New Zealand on EE. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Please note that EE requires you to be in the UK for 60 days in any 120 day period to be able to benefit from its roaming abilities. Beyond that they may disable your SIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.