by hswain95
Visitor

When will I get charged when I buy data add ons whilst abroad outside the EU?

If I buy data add ons whilst in the USA, will it come directly out of my bank account right away or at the end of the month? I've been buying data add ons but it's not showing anywhere on my bank account or on my EE account page.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: When will I get charged when I buy data add ons whilst abroad outside the EU

No, they will be added to your EE account, possibly after some delay, & appear in your next bill when it is due. The amount of the bill will be collected by DD in the normal way, after about 7 days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: When will I get charged when I buy data add ons whilst abroad outside the EU

No, they will be added to your EE account, possibly after some delay, & appear in your next bill when it is due. The amount of the bill will be collected by DD in the normal way, after about 7 days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Just be careful with data roaming add-ons because whilst EE just add them to your pay monthly account as already mentioned, they are not displayed or listed anywhere in 'My EE' at all and they will only show up on your actually PDF/paper bill so it can get a little difficult to keep a track on what you are spending whilst roaming outside the EU.

Roaming calls can also take sometime to hit your account too.  When I was last in the US, a call I made whilst there took nearly 2 months to hit my account and showed up a a bill which I received 2 months after I returned!!

IMHO one of EE's weak points it the ability to keep track of costs whilst roaming outside the EU.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.