by Brianstuart Investigator
Investigator

When will EE tell us what their roaming policy will be post Brexit.

Until I know I will not be renewing my contract. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: When will EE tell us what their roaming policy will be post Brexit.

@Brianstuart   At present nothing should change but it will depend on what’s negotiated as part of the britexit deal. But EE have no plans to change anything. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Investigator

I don’t see why the negotiations will affect whether EE offer the same service. Their business decision and the final agreement is mutually exclusive and have no causal link.
A

Sent from my iPhone. Small buttons. Big fingers.
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Brianstuart   At present nothing should change but it will depend on what’s negotiated as part of the britexit deal. But EE have no plans to change anything. 

View solution in original post

Investigator

The question that needs answering is whether EE are prepared to renew contracts and undertake there will be no changes to the contracts regarding roaming during the term of the contract.

It is not a solution to say that EE have "no plans to change anything". EE needs to offer some certainty to its customers. They could have no plans today but what of tomorrow? If EE cannot give an assurance then it would be useful to know whether changes to the roaming are such as to allow the service user to leave the EE service without any penalties.

There are service providers who have intimated that they will not change roaming charges during the continuance of the contracts and EE should be at the forefront.

I do not want to leave EE but cannot risk the charges that could be made if roaming ceases. I travel extensively in the EU.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

There was a good article on the BBC News website a couple of weeks ago that mentioned this...

If we leave with a deal, nothing changes until at least December 2020, After that, who knows, but UK Gov has said if EU roaming is re-introduced, then it will be capped at £45.00 per month.

If we leave with no deal, then EU roaming charges will likely be introduced with immediate effect, but again capped at £45.00 per month.

Not the EE specific answer you are looking for, but with the exception of Three, none of the UK networks would be able to swallow roaming charges at no cost to the customer if the EU networks decide to charge them.

ewan 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Some networks severely throttled data in the EU before they were forced to remove it by law. I have no doubt that it will be added back on as soon as they can legally get away with it again. There might be clains about free roaming continuing, but it will come with limitations and whatever they think they can get away with doing to restrict it.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.