by Morngy93

What's the cheapest way to use my phone in Australia on an essential plan?

I'm going to Australia in November 2019 just looking for the cheapest way to use my phone whilst I'm out there. I'm on an essential plan which I believe I only get roaming in Europe for free. Can someone help?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What's the cheapest way to use my phone in Australia on an essential plan?

Get your phone unlocked & get a local SIM.

Otherwise as it is not in EU, you will need to pay the charges as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/austra... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Worth checking out the Roam Further add-on as well, if it can be added to your plan.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Morngy93

Welcome to the community 🙂

You can look into adding a Roam Further Pass this will allow you to use your minutes, texts and up to 15GB of data within Australia as @chistery has advised,

This is £10.00 per month and can be added by texting ROAM FURTHER to 150

If you don't want to use the Roam Further Pass, you can find all the roaming add-ons and charges on our Roaming help page.

Before you travel, make sure you are set up to use your phone abroad.

You can do this in your My EE account online go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate> They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated.

Have a great time 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.