by Chris_W
Explorer

What's the best plan when living in Australia?

I now live permanently in Australia but I wish to keep my EE number as a UK contact; what's the best plan for me?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: What's the best plan when living in Australia?

@Chris_W   To keep your number your only option is to have a pay-as-you-go,  you’ll need to make a chargeable call/text at least once every 2 months. You’ll also need to make sure your not using packs but are on a standard PAYG.  This is done by texting STOP PACK the moment the SIM card is activated.    You will be charged for roaming calls/texts. 

As @Lee_H said no contract can cover you for long periods abroad.  It’s payg or nothing and to be honest you might as will not bother as this would be to expensive to use every day. You’ll be better getting something from a local network provider there.   

Oh and you can not move your number to an Australian network provider. 

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Chris_W

Please bear in mind all EE plans are for people who are UK customers and travel to other countries on a short-term basis, not for people spending extended amounts of time abroad.

What this means is that if you’re spending 60 out of 120 days in the UK then an EE plan, and it’s inclusive roaming benefits, will be great for you.

If you’re out of the country for longer than 60 days then this may not be the best option.

You will be notified of any action that would be taken for extended use abroad i.e extra charges etc.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Chris_W   To keep your number your only option is to have a pay-as-you-go,  you’ll need to make a chargeable call/text at least once every 2 months. You’ll also need to make sure your not using packs but are on a standard PAYG.  This is done by texting STOP PACK the moment the SIM card is activated.    You will be charged for roaming calls/texts. 

As @Lee_H said no contract can cover you for long periods abroad.  It’s payg or nothing and to be honest you might as will not bother as this would be to expensive to use every day. You’ll be better getting something from a local network provider there.   

Oh and you can not move your number to an Australian network provider. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lee_H wrote:

What this means is that if you’re spending 60 out of 120 days in the UK then an EE plan, and it’s inclusive roaming benefits, will be great for you.

If you’re out of the country for longer than 60 days then this may not be the best option.

The 'stable links' policy in your pay monthly price guide only references the EU/EEA & may not apply outside the EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Chris_W
Explorer

Thank you, 

XRaySpex

Lee_H

Chris_B

for your assistance and supplying me the information. 

Rgds, Chris_W

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.