by Hershzon Contributor
Contributor

What's happening with "What you used inside your plan" while in the EU?

Hi all 

Something very peculiar is happening while I roam in the EU. 

To begin with I have an allowance of 1000 monthly minutes. 

Usually in the EE app you can see how many minutes you have left of the allowance. This is usually more or less the same as what you see in "What you used inside your plan" that details all the calls. 

While in the EU, the difference between the two has become huge, while in the "how many minutes left over" is 710, in the "What you used inside your plan" it states that I have X calls totalling 745 minutes. 

This doesn't make any sense. I tried with customer service and was told that the true one is the "What you used inside your plan" while the other one isn't updated yet. 

This can't be true because even five days later the "minutes leftover" is more than the "What you used inside your plan" five days ago. 

I have some reason to believe that while roaming in the EU the "What you used inside your plan" includes incoming calls too and that makes it so much, while truly I have many more minutes of my allowance as listed in "minutes leftover" 

I hope this long post is not exhausting, but I would really appreciate a satisfactory response. 

11 REPLIES 11
by Hershzon Contributor
Contributor

What you have used inside your plan

Hi all 

Something very peculiar is happening while I roam in the EU. 

To begin with I have an allowance of 1000 monthly minutes. 

Usually in the EE app you can see how many minutes you have left of the allowance. This is usually more or less the same as what you see in "What you used inside your plan" that details all the calls. 

While in the EU, the difference between the two has become huge, while in the "how many minutes left over" is 710, in the "What you used inside your plan" it states that I have X calls totalling 745 minutes. 

This doesn't make any sense. I tried with customer service and was told that the true one is the "What you used inside your plan" while the other one isn't updated yet. 

This can't be true because even five days later the "minutes leftover" is more than the "What you used inside your plan" five days ago. 

I have some reason to believe that while roaming in the EU the "What you used inside your plan" includes incoming calls too and that makes it so much, while truly I have many more minutes of my allowance as listed in "minutes leftover" 

I hope this long post is not exhausting, but I would really appreciate a satisfactory response.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What you have used inside your plan

Hi, 

It's likely because of the delay in updating EE from the foreign network. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Hershzon Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. 

But that doesn't give any answer to the difference between the two allowance notifications. 

If it has been updated in the "What you used inside your plan" how come that the "minutes leftover" is a few hundred minutes more? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hershzon

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Have you had a chat with customer services at all?

I can see @Northerner has offered support to you already.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Hershzon Contributor
Contributor

I spoke with customer service a couple of days ago and they weren't confident which one is accurate. 

Again, as I said before, from my observations, I have a bit of a feeling that incoming calls in the EU are also reckoned (maybe still from lately that incoming calls in EU was charged for) and that makes the big difference between the two, allowance and usage. 

by

I'm not sure that is the case @Hershzon

However I'm popping my detective mac on and I'm going to ask a few questions.

As soon as I can answer you definitively, I will be back as soon as possible.

Cheers

Richard

🙂 

by Hershzon Contributor
Contributor

No one has been able to give a satisfactory answer to how 

1. The difference is so big. 

2. If it takes time for EU calls to update, then how come it isn't updated simultaneously on the "minutes leftover" 

Even a few days later the amount in the "leftover minutes" is nowhere near the amount of "What you used inside your plan" of a few days earlier 

by

Please see my above answer @Hershzon

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Hershzon Contributor
Contributor

@Richard_C

I very much appreciate

by Hershzon Contributor
Contributor

Looks like I've got to the final answer on my own! 

While looking in my "detailed usage" I was surprised to find my own mobile number with loads of minutes! 

Looked very funny so I phoned customer service, and after inquiring, the woman told me that those are minutes of incoming calls that don't show the callers number, only my own number. 

So if this is so, I was right with my feeling that this isn't the minutes leftover. 

I'd like to receive a confirmation from an official EE representative here. 

by

Hi @Hershzon

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm keen from someone from customer care look at this for you.

Can you please private message me, the best method for us to contact you on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.