by CheltenhamSteve Investigator
Investigator

What is included in the Extended Roaming for £10 when visiting Mexico. 4GEE Max

I am visiting Mexico next month and need to by an add on for calls, texts and data roaming. However, I don't want to go way over the top with add ons and thought the extended roaming for £10 might be an option. 

The website doesn't give any details, that I can find, as to what is included. I am on the 4GEE Max 7GB plan started in April 2017.

Does anyone what I would get with the add on or if I need to buy the individual add-ons for each service?

Many thanks.

17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What is included in the Extended Roaming for £10 when visiting Mexico. 4GEE

Do you mean the GO FURTHER Roaming Add-on for £10 for 6 months? With that you can use your usual UK allowances in Mexico with a 15GB / month fair usage limit if your data allowance is above that. See Go Further Roaming Add-on .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CheltenhamSteve

Welcome to the community. 🙂

The 'Go further' add-on is for customers on an EE Essential plan (Feb 2018).

Our latest EE Max plans allow you to use your calls, texts and data when roaming in Mexico. 

You can see exactly what is included in your allowance on the My EE app.

If your current plan doesn't include this, you can change your price plan before you go.

Make sure you check your roaming status on there too under Menu >>> Manage device to make sure you're all set up.

Have a brilliant time. 🙂

Chris

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Do you mean the GO FURTHER Roaming Add-on for £10 for 6 months? 

£10 a month for 6 months. so £60 minimum as long as you remember to cancel.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, if you want to split hairs. It's all spelt out in the doc.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

£60 for roaming on a 1-2 week holiday is simply not worth it IMHO.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Completely agree @Profile closed. Go away on your once a year holiday and you don't want to be paying for it for 5 more months when you aren't using it. Part of the new model of charging for anything you can though.

A more expensive 1 month add-on would have been a better option, or just keep the SIM only max plans.

Investigator

Many thanks for the reply Christopher.

Unfortunately my plan began in April last year for 24 months so it was just before the inclusion of USA, Canada and Mexico but will also cost me £335 to upgrade to the new Max plan.

How long do I have to keep an Add-on for before I can cancel it if I add on calls texts and the daily date roaming?

Thank you.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@CheltenhamSteve It's a six month minimum term, so 6 x £10 monthly payments.

I'm amazed at the cost to move to a newer max plan, considering you are a year into your contract and only have a year left. What did they offer you that was that much more expensive? I assume they weren't trying to change the contract end date?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

6 days of ordinary talk, text & data roaming add-ons also costs £60.

Investigator

The SIM only plans won't give me the coverage I need so it has to be an upgrade.  

Basically, the offers were for iPhones or Galaxy 9, neither of which I want.  I haven't got any difinitive answers from the EE website so I'm going in to the shop today to see what can be done,  If there's no way of covering it at a reasonable cost with EE I'll just go and buy a cheap handset and get a SIM only deal locally or from WorldSim.

It's not unusual today that large company's are greedy enough that people will go elsewhere.

I would happily pay EE £50 to have 10 days coverage in Mexico but every option I can see means I will be paying more than £200. Therefore they will end up by not getting anything extra from me at all.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@CheltenhamSteve You can add the Go Further add-on that @XRaySpeX mentions, so it will cost you £60 to use your data, calls and texts in Mexico for 10 days. 

I am surprised EE are offering you a new contract to move to a post May 2017 max plan, I though they would offer to change plans for a small monthly increase.

Investigator

Yes, it looks like that will be the best answer.  I couldn't find that on My EE page only the extended roaming plan that is for essential plan users rather than MAX.

I'm going in to the shop later in any case but if I can get this for a total of £60, albeit spread over 6months, it's at the top end of what I want to pay, but just about do-able.

Thanks for your help, I'll update after I the shop visit.

Investigator

Thanks for the reply.  I couldn't see that option on My EE account page but it looks like the best fit for me. 

I'm going in to the shop later to confirm I can get it on existing plan and will update when I return.

Thank you.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@CheltenhamSteve If you text "Go Further" to 150 it will confirm if you eligible or not. It'll text you back with a few short steps to follow - presumably to confirm you are happy to pay £10 a month for a minimum of six months. You'll start paying for it once you confirm it though.

Also check you have roaming enabled. text ROAMING to 150 now (it's free) to confirm it's set up.

Enjoy Mexico!

Investigator

Well worth going into the store.  They were able to set me up on the new style plan for the remaining 12 months of my contract for an aditional £2 per month.

This means that I retain my unlimited minutes and texts and also get 8GB of data but now as well as the EU I can use it all in Mexico as well as USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.  Total extra to me is only £24 and if I go to the USA in the next year, I'll still have everything included.

The only annoyance is that the online shop didn't give this as upgrade option.

Thanks for the replies and help from everyone, much appreciated.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@CheltenhamSteve Ah, that's what I thought should happen, I think I misunderstood you earlier and assumed you had called and was told you had to upgrade. 

Happy to hear you have a solution. Make sure you check roaming is enabled though, and the new plan shows up in MyEE.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us, @CheltenhamSteve.

I'm delighted that you were able to change your price plan in store. 🙂

This is what I meant in my initial response when referring to the change your price plan support article.

You're able to change price plan within your contract period as long as you hit the criteria on there.

I hope you have an amazing time in Mexico. I've never been myself, but, I've always heard fantastic things and would love to go one day. 😄

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.