by JustinAwesome Contributor
Contributor

What do I need to do to be able to use my EE 4GEE Max phone in Iceland & Canada?

Hello readers,

I'm lucky enough to be travelling to Iceland and then Canada for my holidays in the next couple of months.

I'm on the 4GEE MAX plan.

Will my 'in plan' allowance cover me in both or either of these two countries?

If not, what do I need to do to keep connected whilst I am away?

I appreciate anyone's input.

Kind regards 

Justin 

18 REPLIES 18
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: What do I need to do to be able to use my EE 4GEE Max phone in Iceland &

Hello @JustinAwesome you just need to make sure roaming and call abroad/premium rate have been enabled on your account at least 24-48hrs before traveling by logging in to My EE online and navigating to My EE Mobile>Manage device.

Everything you need to know on getting ready to use your phone abroad can be found here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-roaming-Getting-ready-to-use-your-phone-abroad/td-p/532570

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @JustinAwesome

You will be able to use the plan in the Canada as long as the Max plan was taken out after May 2016.

Iceland is also included as it is part of the Eurozone.

Please follow the advice given above in regards to getting your phone ready to use abroad.

Enjoy your brilliant trips.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your EE Max Plan will cover you in both Canada & Iceland (with at most 15 GB / month data).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Your EE Max Plan will cover you in Canada (with at most 15 GB / month data) but not Iceland where you would need to buy add-ons. See http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/iceland .

Iceland is in the EE Europe zone, so included for everyone.

* EE Europe Zone

From 15th June 2017 all plans include roaming in Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy). 

by
EE Employee

Hi @XRaySpeX

Iceland is included as it part of the EE  eurozone as mentioned in the link you provided.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, @chistery, @Lee_H, sorry, I forgot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

Thank you very much for your replies! @tm90 & @Lee_H and @XRaySpeX

I've been in touch with 150 customer services and I'm all good for usage in Iceland as at home.

Canada is £4.80 per day for 500MB of data. Calls and messages will be off the menu though... £1.20 per minute to make or receive calls... Ouch! ...and 60p per text message. Thanks again for your advice!

Justin : )

by
EE Employee

Hi @JustinAwesome and welcome back to the community.

It does sound like you Max plan was taken out before  May 2017.

Have you discussed moving your plan onto one of the up to date Max plans which may save you some money?

Many thanks,

Lee 

Contributor

@Lee_H

Hello again,

I didn't think it seemed quite right given the above responses.

However.... I can confirm my 4GEE MAX plan was taken out in November 2017. Before the upgrade, I was on a basic packaged Samsung S4 with only 2GB of included data which I was out of contract by almost 18 months on. When I upgraded to my current S8 in November last year, the package was upgraded also to the 4GEE MAX plan. So that means somethings not quite right doesn't it? @Lee_H

Kind regards

Justin 

by
EE Employee

Hi @JustinAwesome

I would speak to our customer service team tomorrow (our call centres are currently closed due to extreme weather conditions) as it should fall part of your plan at the time you took the max plan.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @JustinAwesome. If you have a new Max plan it should say something similar to this in MyEE, about your plan. It's the bit about 10 additional countries that it should say. 

731ADF9F-ABC4-49FC-BE34-BADA4A25ABEC.jpeg

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@chistery: Why "& 10 other countries"? Isn't the modern Max Plan for "& 5 other countries"?

Contributor

Hello @chistery

20180301_171935.jpg

This is what it displays when in my EE. My contract start date is 02 Nov 2017. So it seems something is not quite as it should be. 

I'll be ringing customer service again after this crazy weather has subsided as Lee_H suggested. 

Thanks again.

Justin

by
EE Employee

Contributor

Lee,

I will let you know.

Thank you for your help!

I hope everyone gets home safe.

Kind regards

Justin 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX I think it's because they add the EEA and a few others so with the additional 5 MAX plan countries, makes EU + 10.

Not sure EE will win a clear English award for it!

I think it's EU + EEA, and the 5 additional countries are 

Switzerland, Monaco, Isle of Man, Jersey & Guernsey

Then the 5 MAX plan countries, making 10. 

Maybe.

Contributor

Hello Lee,

Just a follow up message for any other EE users interested to confirm I had perfect uninterrupted service in Iceland, apart from when Volcano walking.... Smiley Happy and I am experiencing exactly the same great service here in Toronto, Canada. 

The 4GEE MAX plan is absolutely nailed on the plan to have!!

Thank you EE!!!

Kind regards

Justin 

by
EE Employee

Hi @JustnAwesome

I'm glad you had a brilliant time in Iceland.

Just a heads up if your interested on Thursday the 29th the Toronto Blue Jays play the Yankees on the opening day of the baseball season.

A colleague of mine is over there at the moment 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.