by Teal Investigator
Investigator

What data/pack/add-on to receive 1 text whilst in Australia?

I'm currently in Australia and need to receive a single text to re-activate another account (airbnb) to get a code!  I have an Australian sim here, therefore wont be needing any other data/roaming/texts from EE whilst in Aus.  What the cheapest option available for the single text and what is the name of the pack/add-on I need to buy?  Ideally I'd just like to pay for the text, but seems there are only 7 day and 30 day packs now.  What is the best option?  Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What data/pack/add-on to receive 1 text whilst in Australia?

You don't need any! Receiving texts anywhere in the world are always free. Anyway Packs are only valid within the EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Teal Investigator
Investigator

Thankyou for your reply.  For some reason receiving the text isnt working, so thought I'd need credit.  I'll try pursuing this with Airbnb. thanks.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Teal

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a brilliant time in Australia. 🙂

Let us know what Airbnb say and if you get this sorted out.

Chris

by Teal Investigator
Investigator

Yes, AirBNB have sorted this and reactivated my account.  I suspect a glitch at their end was causing me to not receive the text codes.

Thankyou for your replies. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.