by Gas15 Investigator
Investigator

What am I doing wrong?

Read more
I've paid for minutes to phone home from USA. But I can't even connect now.
10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What am I doing wrong?

@Gas15  Do you have a signal showing on the device?  If you do did you enable international and call abroad from within your EE online account?   You if you have are you dialling 44 or +44 instead of the 0 at the start of the number? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gas15: If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK? 

What add-on did you buy to get your mins?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Gas15 Investigator
Investigator

Yes I had a signal and dialled correctly.

by Gas15 Investigator
Investigator

No I didn't activate it before I left the UK. Is there nothing I can do about it then?

by Gas15 Investigator
Investigator

I bought 120 minutes 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gas15,

Welcome to the EE Community.

If you login to My EE and select Manage device from the menu, you can activate roaming and international calling.

Hope this helps.

James

by Gas15 Investigator
Investigator

I have activated roaming but still can't connect. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you ticked both items?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Gas15 Investigator
Investigator

I did. I seem to be able to call another ee number but no others. I've unchecked the international box now because I give up.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gas15  It can take up to 24 hours to activate it’s usually less though.  Once you activate it try restarting the device. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.