by Faarn
Explorer

Welcome text roaming

Just come back from abroad to find my bill for 13 texts and 3 mins of calls is £33!  A bit shocked as I didn't expect the charges to be this high.  I didn't get a welcome text on arrival in country,  if I had I wouldn't have used the phone at all at these prices.  Anyone had similar?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Welcome text roaming

That seems excessive even for the most expensive zone: 

Zone 8
Rest of World
(exceptional)
Bahamas, Benin, Cape Verde, Chad, Congo, Cuba,
Djibouti, Falkland Islands, Kuwait, Laos, Maldives,
Mongolia, Palau, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan,
Uzbekistan
Make Call   Receive Call   Text
£2.50       £2.50          £1.00

where it would cost about £20.50. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What country was it? As @XRaySpeX says it doesn't look right 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Faarn
Explorer

Falkland Islands.  I think because they were short calls they all added up.  I would have presumed you got charged part of the minute so a 1 min 1 sec call would cost say £2.60 not £5.

You live and learn but I wish I had received the welcome text. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Faarn.

Thanks for coming to the community.

I would suggest getting in touch with our customer service team.

They will be able to check this for you.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are charged to the next min. on calls. So if you had 3 calls of just over 1 min. each your total would be £28, closer to the amount you were billed.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.