by pfenig Investigator
Investigator

Very poor roaming data abroad

I have EU roaming data inclusive in my package.

The phone is currently in the city centre in Cracow, Poland.

There is no problem receiving and making phone calls and texts, internet use and data however are a problem.

The data and 4G is very sporadic and it barely works at all during the day, I was told by EE when I bought the packages that the phones use the T-mobile network, since we also have Polish T-mobile phones with data we know the problem must be with EE.

Is there any solution to this or is the EE data roaming service in the EU just terrible?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Very poor roaming data abroad

EE's coverage abroad is entirely dependant on the local networks with which EE has roaming agreements. EE can have no control over these overseas networks.

Your T-mobile UK phones have nowt to do with T-mobile Poland other than it may be an EE roaming partner. They are separate firms.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Morning @pfenig

Just to add to the info @XRaySpeX has given, have you tried doing a manual network search and connecting to a different network?

You could also try turning 4G off to see if this makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by pfenig Investigator
Investigator

Our T-mobile phones are Polish not UK phones.

They have no problem with data coverage in Poland at the same time the EE phone doesn't work.

The reason I mention this is I was told by customer services that EE uses the T-mobile network throughout Europe so is a roaming partner.

I'm just hoping the EE roaming data is not a gimmick on the continent because it appears at the moment to not be working very well and we are in a city centre, where the T-mobile networks have no problem.

by pfenig Investigator
Investigator

We ideally wanted the EE phones to have 4G but will try turning this off and see where it gets us.

by
EE Employee

Hi @pfenig

I'm afraid 4G is not available everywhere abroad.

It's only available on certain networks in some countries.

For a list of the countries and the network you can use 4G on see the Roaming Help pages.

Hope this helps!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by pfenig Investigator
Investigator

Yes but we are talking about Polish city centres which all have 4G/LTE coverage and a more developed network than the UK, all the phones are getting 4G only the EE phone is barely connecting at all..

by
EE Employee

Hi @pfenig

The Networks out there may have a strong 4G coverage but unfortunately this doesn't mean it's available to users Roaming in the country.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.