by Batmum87 Investigator
Investigator

Using my phone in the USA

I have added an add on to my price plan to be able to ring the UK from the USA yet when I try and make a call it says “ you do not have enough calling credit to make this call.? It also will not allow me to ring 150 to resolve the issue? How can I resolve this matter 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Using my phone in the USA

@Batmum87: You talk about credit. Are you on PAYG or contract?

What is the name of this add-on? Is it the GO Further add-on? I'm not convinced you can add it for PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Batmum87 Investigator
Investigator

It was a 60 minute call add on which costs £10 and will be added to my bill?

by Batmum87 Investigator
Investigator

I am on contract but when I try and make it call it states I do not have enough calling credit? This is why I am confused 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Batmum87

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a fantastic time in the US so far. 🙂

Could you please check your My EE account to make sure international calling is activated? It'll be under Menu > Manage Device.

If it's all active, I recommend trying a manual network search and selection a different US network:

Device type Steps
Apple Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Let me know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.