by isaacalves Investigator
Investigator

Using mobile plan abroad (NYC)

Can I use my EE mobile plan (data, calls) in NYC without extra costs? details?

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Using mobile plan abroad (NYC)

That will depend on which EE plan you have.

Only the latest EE 4G Max plans (which launched 10th May this year) include all allowances when roaming in the US (along with 4 other none-EU countries)

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @isaacalves

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

As @Profile closed alluded to above, as well as EU roaming, Max plan customers are also able to take their inclusive allowance to Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and the USA.

If you do not have a Max plan, you can find the cost for using your phone in the USA on our roaming tool.

Have an amazing time.

Chris 🙂

Investigator

Thank you for the answers!

In "My EE" page it says: "12M SIM Max Plan 4GB £22.99". So it's a 4G Max plan, right?

I don't remebember exactly when my subscription started (can I access this information on My EE page somewhere? can't find it) but it was before 10th May this year, so, according to , I don't have "all allowances when roaming in the US". By the way, what does that mean?

According to Christopher_G though, it is enough to have a Max Plan, which I have, so I'm confused.

So, with the ""12M SIM Max Plan 4GB" plan, can I use mobile data and make phone calls when I'm on the US (specifically NYC)? And will I have to pay extra for that?

Thank you very much,

Isaac

by

Thanks for coming back to us, @isaacalves

Just to clarify further, I was speaking on the back of what @Profile closed had said. It is only the Max plans taken after 10/05/17 that benefit from the extra roaming countries.

If you're unable to establish when you changed to your current plan, I recommend getting in contact with our customer service team.

They will be able to check if you're on the latest plan, and change you to one of them if you're not.

Apologies for any confusion. 🙂

Chris

Investigator

Thanks a lot Christopher, I actually talked to the customer service earlier today and upgraded my plan.

Cheers!

Isaac

by

Excellent, thanks for letting us know, @isaacalves.

Have an amazing time in New York. It's been my boyhood dream to find the bridge in Central Park, from home alone 2.

I'll get there one day. 🙂

I hope to see you around the community again in the future.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.