by Andelou Investigator
Investigator

Using data allowance in Greece

I'm confused. Can I use my 10GB data allowance in Greece or do I need to buy the £4/day add on?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Using data allowance in Greece

You may use all your UK allowances in Greece, but you must make sure roaming is enabled on your account. Text ROAMING to 150 before you leave to check it is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Andelou

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to have you on board. 🙂

@XRaySpeX is absolutely correct.

Just to add a little more, check out our Free EU roaming: Who’s covered and what’s included supporting article.

You can also find out any chargeable services (not calls, texts and data) on our roaming tool >

Have an amazing time in Greece. 😄

Chris

by Andelou Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for those replies. I have roaming available on my phone (I texted 150 as advised). Do I need to do anything in settings when we arrive in Greece? I.e enable data roaming?!!

thanks again

by
EE Community Support Team

You're welcome, @Andelou.

Yes, make sure data roaming is enabled and also that your carrier is set to automatic:-

Tap Settings >>> Tap Carrier >>> Make sure that Automatic is enabled.

This will mean that your phone will automatically connect to the first available Greek network when you arrive.

Have a lovely trip. 😄

Chris

by Andelou Investigator
Investigator

• Thanks chris, much appreciated!!! Xx

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.