by AlisonW44
Explorer

Using a duel sim phone in dubai want to add EE sim will this work pay as you go

Using a duel phone in dubai two sim.

want to add a British EE sim will this work pay as go and would the account be charged if using wifi for receiving emails SMS etc 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Using a duel sim phone in dubai want to add EE sim will this work pay as you

@AlisonW44: You can use an EE SIM if the phone is unlocked or is locked to EE. You will have to pay by top-up for any calls & texts made on it. For rates see https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/united... .

Whenever you are using the phone over WiFi, you are not using the mobile network & so won't be charged by it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by AlisonW44
Explorer

Re: Using a duel sim phone in dubai want to add EE sim will this work pay as you

So if the sim is bought in uk on a uk contract but phone bought in UAE he will not be able to use it in dubai with out being charged for any kind of use ? Please confirm
Also the sim can only be used in the uk I don't think it is unlocked.

Sent from my iPad
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@AlisonW44: You can use an EE SIM if the phone is unlocked or is locked to EE. You will have to pay by top-up for any calls & texts made on it. For rates see https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/united... .

Whenever you are using the phone over WiFi, you are not using the mobile network & so won't be charged by it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

I thought you said you were getting a PAYG SIM not a contract one. Anyway either way any UK SIM will only include allowances for use in UK & Europe. Anywhere else will need to be paid for.

If the phone is locked to an UAE network for both SIMs, you will not be able to use an EE SIM in it anywhere. It will need unlocking 1st by that network.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.