by JDavies13 Investigator
Investigator

Using WiFi calling in Spain

We are in Spain and my wife and I are using a Samsung S8 & IPhone 6 Plus and neither will WiFi call, even though the internet is working.

We don’t have phone signal and the Samsung produces a message ‘not registered on network’ when I try to call. The iphone just won’t work.

We’ve had no problem making normal calls when we have reception.

Both work fine on wife calling in the UK.

Please advise.

13 REPLIES 13
by
EE Employee

Re: Using WiFi calling in Spain

Hi @JDavies13 and welcome to the community.

WiFi calling does not work outside of the UK.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi Lee

On the android it selected Movistar but then said ‘not registered on networl’ despite the network registration completing.

On the iPhone the same netwrok was the only option and again calls will not go through.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @JDavies13

Thanks for coming back to us.

You will need roaming set up on the phones to get service on Spain.

To do this, I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

Hope you're having a great time 🙂

Investigator

I’ve tried that but no chat window pops up, even after 20 mins.

by

I see @JDavies13

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

The team will be able to help you get this sorted.

Leanne.

Investigator

Given my only method of communication here is via these mobiles, that isn’t possible.

Please advise how I access live chat. This option doesn’t appear on any EE site that I can see.

by

Hi @JDavies13

You would need to log into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer and a chat option will show when an advisor is available.

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

Leanne

I’ve tried logging in on my phone and laptop and neither gives the option of live chat.

Thi is getting a little tiresome and frustrating. Please check and advise how I obtain live chat, and please don’t just give me the same two replies as previously.

by

Hi @JDavies13

This is the only way to access chat to set up roaming.

Do you have a UK mobile with you that can receive calls?

Leanne.

Investigator

Leanne. If you read my earlier posts you’d see I have said we have 2 UK mobiles here, but neither is getting reception.

We can receive calls via WhatsApp if that’s an option for you, but no other way.

Also I need to know why your live chat facility isn’t working. Is it because we are in Spain?
by

Hi @JDavies13

This will only show when an agent is available.

If you have no other UK number with you we could call then you will need to contact us from an alternative phone.

I am sorry we have no account access on the community to set this up for you.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

On the contact us page previously referred to open up the "EE                  +" & you will find Live Chat (eventually). At least it's more clear-cut than the hanging about in MyEE previously suggested for something that may never happen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @JDavies13

Unless I'm missing something, you've not been advised that you could possibly activate roaming yourself from within your MyEE.

If you log into your MyEE through your phones browser, go to MyEE > Manage Device, you may be able to activate roaming yourself. You will need to activate both roaming and international and premium calls for full roaming services to be active on your account. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.