by insert_name Investigator
Investigator

Using Roam Further & Calling Abroad together?

Hi there, I'm off the USA soon and have added Roam Further to my SIM only account (non Max) - it's showing as active in my Add Ons.... I also have Calling abroad from the UK Add On too. When I'm in the USA will this mean I can call USA landlines or mobiles and get the discounted call rate as if I were in the UK calling the US?

Hope that makes sense?!

Thanks

Dan 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Using Roam Further & Calling Abroad together?

You are confused a bit.

@insert_name wrote:

my UK allowances, which I believe charge £1.20 a min if calling a USA phone from the UK

That's not your allowance. That's an out-of-allowance charge.

Yes, Roam Further gives you all your UK allowances to use in the USA but up to at most 15 GB of data per billing month if you have more. Have a read of How do I get the Roam Further Pass?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, the Call abroad add-on is for making calls & texts from the UK only to abroad.

But does it matter? As you have the Roam Further add-on you can use your UK allowances in the USA for calling & texting US, UK & EU numbers, i.e. effectively free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi and thanks for the prompt reply - I might well be confusing things here (nothing new!) - I assumed when in the USA my roam further would give me the same as my UK allowances, which doesn't give me inclusive calls to the US which I believe charge £1.20 a min if calling a USA phone from the UK.....or with the additional 'calling abroad' add on says it reduces UK to USA calls to 8p a min when in the UK - and that's the important bit I thought, does the roam further emulate ALL of my UK allowances and add ons? - when I call a USA number while in the USA it'll cost me 8p/m as if I were in the UK?

Apologies if I'm being thick  😄

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You are confused a bit.

@insert_name wrote:

my UK allowances, which I believe charge £1.20 a min if calling a USA phone from the UK

That's not your allowance. That's an out-of-allowance charge.

Yes, Roam Further gives you all your UK allowances to use in the USA but up to at most 15 GB of data per billing month if you have more. Have a read of How do I get the Roam Further Pass?

Investigator

Yes apologies, I said I was being thick!! - as you say USA calling is not an allowance, so it looks like when I'm in the US if I call a US phone I'll pay £1.20 /m

I just wanted to get an understanding so will keep calls short and to the point  😄

Many thanks for your assistance.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@insert_name wrote:

it looks like when I'm in the US if I call a US phone I'll pay £1.20 /m

Looks or looked? You won't be paying that. It will be included in your UK allowance.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @insert_name 

I can see that @XRaySpeX  has given you great information around your Roam Further pass 🙂

The Roam Further pass allows you to use your standard minutes, text and data plan allowances in five additional countries abroad just as you would in the UK and EU.

The Calling Abroad Add-On allows you to call international's numbers while you are in the UK for a reduced amount. 

The 2 bundles you have activate work separately. You have the Roam further pass which gives you your allowance as if you were in the UK, but unfortunately, you can't make international calls while in the USA with the Calling Abroad Add-On. 

I hope you have an amazing time away! 

Alex 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.