by vvv1979 Investigator
Investigator

Uruguay - Can Make calls, receive texts but cannot receive any calls!

Hi All,

I am awaiting an urgent call from my bank in the UK, they need to call my registered number which is my EE mobile.

I am on business in Uruguay and cannot recieve any calls! I get texts, I get the notification that "xyz has tried to call you, but they left no voice message". 

I can dial out, I have called the UK successfully.

This is quite urgent and EE uk support is shut for the night! Any suggestions? 

So far I have:

- tried to manually select a network. this doesnt work as there are only 3 here, and the other two give me continous "no service". The autoselected one (ANTEL) is the only one not giving this message

- Network settings reset. This did nothing

- Set 4G to Data only, and then off completely - again, did nothing.

- Full phone reboot. Did nothing.

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Uruguay - Can Make calls, receive texts but cannot receive any calls!

Hi @vvv1979

Did you activate roaming before leaving the UK? Have you also tried resetting your network settings? 

If you need to activate roaming then log into your online account and see if it can be activated , if not you will need to speak to CS after 8am UK time. CS can be contacted on +44 (0) 7953 966 250. If you are a pay monthly customer you can use live chat here (click on the cross next to EE and the live chat option will be visible)

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by vvv1979 Investigator
Investigator

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Yes my roaming is active, already checked that (I travel alot so its been active for a long time).

Yes tried Network Setting reset, didn't work.

Any other ideas?!

by vvv1979 Investigator
Investigator

This is for sure an EE Network based issue.

The reason I state this is I am in Uruguay for the Formula E race, so there are alot of us here from the UK at the same time.

One colleague is having the same issue and he is on a BT Mobile plan (BT is a virtual network piggybacking on EE's network....)

I have an iphone 6, he has an Android Samsung S8 and we have exactly the same issues, so we can eliminate handsets.

Another colleague in the pitlane is on Vodafone - zero issues. He can make and recieve calls 'as it should be'.......

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community @vvv1979.

It's unusual that you're unable to receive calls, but able to make them.

The fact that you can make calls means that the roaming is fully enabled.

It sounds like you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps that we would usually recommend too.

I've sent you a private message requesting some more information, please take a look at your inbox and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris 🙂

by vvv1979 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris,

Reply Sent.

by Ryan_K Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I had a similar issue after a software update where one of the settings had activated. Check Settings>Do Not Disturb>Allow Calls From. Change to Everyone if it has dafaulted to Favourites

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.