iPhone X
    Order now
x
Highlighted
by Dazman501
Explorer

Unsure of Roaming status for USA despite using 150

Hi,

I am a Pay As You Go user (use bundles).

Yesterday, I typed 'ROAMING' to 150 to try to find out my roaming status ahead of going to the USA. Rather than finding out whether my roaming is activated, I received information on various codes to text for free in the UK and EU.

I've noted other methods to check my roaming status, but I'm not sure of the automated customer services number to ring in order to check, nor am I unable to check on my online EE account (the 'manage device' option is only with pay monthy on my user menu).

I'm aware of the 'Travel Pass' bundle I will need to purchase and the costs for calls/texts, but I obviously want to make sure I am all set up for using my phone abroad first, and it's an increasing concern.

Any help ASAP would be much appreciated Smiley Happy. Thanks.

4 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Unsure of Roaming status for USA despite using 150

Hello @Dazman501

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

You can either contact customer service on 150 from any EE phone, or 07953 966250 from any other phone and they will be able to confirm if you have roaming enabled on your account, they will also be able to make sure the international calling bar is disabled as well. Smiley Happy

Alternatively, you can speak to someone via Live Chat hereSmiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dazman501

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

I too recommend speaking to our customer services, they will be able to check this.

As @Inyourbox advised, the automated service can be reached by calling 150.

You can find our other contact details on our get in touch page.

Chris

by Dazman501
Explorer

Hi both,

Thanks for your help.

When using 07953966250, I got to speak to no-one. I went through the whole process and after two minutes and 37 seconds of selecting options, I got told to check my device before the call ended.

However, I reverted to 150 expecting an automated response and ending up getting through to technical support and after speaking with someone, I'm as reassured as I possibly can be with it.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us, @Dazman501.

I'm sure if the technical support team have checked your account and confirmed it's OK, you should be fine. Smiley Happy

Make sure you check out our roaming tool to see which add-ons are available and the cost for non standard services.

Have an amazing time. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.