by stevegd Contributor
Contributor

Unable to txt or phone when in the EU

Hi, I am a PAYGO customer (Sony Experia M5 with a £15 Everthing Pack added) and I recently returned from a trip to France and before I left I phoned EE customer services because of the following message on the EE web site for Android phone users saying that if any of the call barring options are enabled to call CS which I did and I cannot quite remember what the person said but it was something along the lines of roaming is disabled not sure what that meant, anyway I have Outgoing International = Enabled and all other options disabled in the Call Barring settings I couldn't change the option as I do not have a 4 digit passcode, so when I was in France I could not sends texts or phone the UK (I could phone French numbers), any one else had similar problems ?

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unable to txt or phone when in the EU

Hi @stevegd,

Welcome to the EE Community.

It sounds like roaming is activated, but there is an international calling bar on your account.

Please get in touch with customer services and they'll be able to remove it for you.

Thanks

James

by stevegd Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I have already contacted CS (twice) and they tell me there is nothing wrong with my account and also that they cannot run diagnostics unless I am in the EU which I am not so I do not know what to do please help!

by

Hi @stevegd,

When you were attempting to call back to the UK, did you hear a recorded message?

Thanks

James

by stevegd Contributor
Contributor

Hi, no I think I got a 'toast' message pop up saying calls barred or something like that. I meant to say that in my Call Barring settings I have 'Outgoing internation roaming' as enabled and all other options are disabled (not sure what difference that makes) but I cannot change anything without a 4 digit passcode

by

Hi @stevegd,

I would ask customer services to take another look at your account.

Please select the technical options when you call.

Thanks

James

by stevegd Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean by 'Please select the technical options when you call.' ?

by stevegd Contributor
Contributor

Hi can you supply me with a web chat link to customer services? as a lot of people have been given a link from this forum

by

Hi @stevegd,

Pay as you go customer services are not available via web chat.

When you call you should hear an option for technical queries, if not a customer service advisor will be able to transfer you.

Thanks

James

by stevegd Contributor
Contributor

Hi, OK will try CS (yet) again, thanks for your help.

by

No problem @stevegd

Have a great weekend. Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.