by Louise80 Investigator
Investigator

Unable to make/receive calls in Monaco

I am a pay monthly customer.

I travel abroad frequently and have no issues in any other countries, however i am unable to make or receive calls in Monaco.

If i manually override the network to a French one, the problem goes away. Unfortunately there isn't sufficient French or Italian network where I'm staying. 

This is is the third trip this has happened to me on and it has become a major problem for me.

Please help me resolve it.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
by christopherboul Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Unable to make/receive calls in Monaco

I have experienced this problem too... on MANY visits to Monaco. I have reported it NUMEROUS times to EE Customer Service, but it has still not  been resolved. 😞

I have a call scheduled with Danny S of EE on 9 March 2017 when I am back in Monaco to try to sort this once and for all. I will keep you posted.

Danny S, please don't forget the call !

Christopher Boulle

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Louise80

Thank you for posting in community 🙂

@christopherboul has kindly flagged this with us and I'm just checking in to see if you have any service at all?

another user offered this as a suggestion

go onto network

turn off auto 

select Orange

not the best coverage but it will work

Are you a pay monthly personal or a pay as you go EE customer?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Louise80 Investigator
Investigator

@Richard_C I have his detail in my first post. I'm a pay monthly customer.  When I'm on Monaco Telecom's network I can use data but I cannot receive nor make phone calls. To do so I need to manually find another network provider (such as Orange or SFR). Problem is that there isn't any other network coverage where I stay.

Am I correct in assuming the fault is on Monaco's Telecom's side as opposed to EE's side?

I travel once a month to other countries and I never have this problem elsewhere.

This problem only affects EE customers (I have canvassed other British and international network customers who are in monaco - none of which have this issue). I know at least three EE customers experiencing this problem in Monaco.

Please help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Valued Contributor

@Richard_C

In Monaco, my sister, sitting right next to me, has 4 bars network strength on her Orange SIM card on Orange network, and yet with my EE sim card I cannot connect to Orange.... but only to Monaco Telecom. (I can SEE Orange as a possible network choice in manual settings, but if I choose it with my EE sim card, I get "No Service".

I understand that both EE and Monaco Telecom are owned by Orange !! 

Best,

Chris

by

Hi @Louise80

Thank you for getting back to me 🙂

I couldn't honestly say without engaging the right teams or any investigation (if one is needed) on this, my honest answer is I don't know.

One thing I would like to do, is take this away and see if I can get any information to help.

Have you by any chance reported this to EE before by calling our customer services team?

I can appreciate that is perhaps not the right thing to say given the situation, but maybe when you have been in the UK?

I know @christopherboul is offering insight into this as well.

Richard

🙂

by Louise80 Investigator
Investigator

Yes please @Richard_C if you could get someone from EE to contact me I'd be most grateful (I haven't yet reported the issue). 

Thank you for your help.

by

Hi @Louise80

As we are a community forum, we have no account access and we can't get any outgoing contact.

However please use this to report it.

If you a pay monthly EE customer, please select the EE drop down and a link to our online chat team should open for you.

Richard

🙂

by
EE Employee

Hello @Louise80

Did you manage to log this with our support teams?

You may have already tried this....have you tried turning 4G off on your device?

If you're not sure how to do this, let me know what phone you're using.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by

Hi

Can you guys please send me the following information via private message

Name:

Mobile number:

Please don't post these in public.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Hi @Richard_C

I have just sent you the information you asked for in a private message.

Best,

Chris

by

Hi @christopherboul

I have them.

Thank you 

Richard

🙂

by Louise80 Investigator
Investigator

Done, thanks!
by FLM
Visitor

Hi,

I have spoke to Vodafone users who have experienced similar issues.  The problem lies not with the UK service providers but with Monaco Telecom.  It may we be they have altered their roaming partner agreements with Vodafone and EE and have not made this known.

Cheers.

by
EE Employee

Hi @FLM

Thank you for this information, I will pass this over to the relevant team.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Louise80 Investigator
Investigator

I have been in contact with the other EE customer on this thread (C Boulle) who has managed to get the problem resolved thanks to his perserverence and escalating the issue with senior management at EE.  EE have now resolved their contractual problems with Monaco Telecom and EE customers are now able to make and receive calls whilst roaming on Monaco Telecom.

Thank you Mr Boulle!

by
EE Employee

Hi @Louise80 & @christopherboul

To provide a great experience, EE has hundreds of roaming partners around the world.

This complexity means our daily roaming testing doesn't always catch everything so we really value your feedback – this is what the EE Community is about.

Keep it coming!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by
EE Employee

Hi @Louise80 & @christopherboul

S&Dcommunity_champion (1).png

As a thank you to you both for your fab contribrutions on the community - I'd love to treat you both to dinner on us!

I'll send you a Private Message to get some additional details.

Thanks again - have a lovely weekend!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Very Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.