by ballrhyd
Visitor

Unable to make calls or use data in Vietnam

I urgently need to use my phone for medical emergency in Vietnam. The text service where I pay for the data does respond so I’ve purchased 2 data packs but not been able to use them. The calls also don’t work. Please can EE or someone help me ASAP. Using the phone is the most important issue. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unable to make calls or use data in Vietnam

Good Afternoon @ballrhyd

Are you currently using a pay monthly or pay as you go SIM?

If you are using pay monthly I would recommend checking your account is set up for roaming, you can do this by logging in to your My EE online and following these steps:

Log in to My EE > Menu > Manage device > Ensure 'Roaming abroad' and 'Call abroad and premium rate' is allowed. 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ballrhyd  Are you a contract or PAYG customer?  If your a PAYG customer you need credit on your account to pay for calls/texts.   

If your a contract customer you need to login to your EE online account and enable international and premium rate numbers.  It can take up to 24 hours to activate it’s usally a lot sooner. I would also restart the device after this. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

PAYG Packs are not usable outside UK & EU even for data. You need to have credit on the phone  to pay for calls & buy a roaming data add-on - see https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/vietna... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.