by drewrcurtis
Explorer

Unable to make calls from Spain

I am currently in Fuerteventura and I cannot make calls to the UK. I am on an EE Extra plan and I got a text message to say I can make calls and texts to UK and EU numbers as a part of my plan. When I try to make a call a message tells me that 'calls to this number are restricted' and to call 470 for help but this is a Spanish number. I sent a ROAMING text to 150 and the message came back that my phone is all set up for calling and on the EE app everything is enabled under roaming. Please help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Unable to make calls from Spain

Hello there @drewrcurtis.

Thanks for coming here for help with this.

It does sound like the international call bar needs removed for you.

To do this I have sent you a private message on here which has a link to our chat team.

They can help you get this looked into.

Have a lovely time 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
by
Solution

Hello there @drewrcurtis.

Thanks for coming here for help with this.

It does sound like the international call bar needs removed for you.

To do this I have sent you a private message on here which has a link to our chat team.

They can help you get this looked into.

Have a lovely time 🙂

by drewrcurtis
Explorer

Thank you. I was told there was an international bar applied to most accounts, including mine. Once I answered my security questions this bar was lifted in a matter of moments. 

For anyone that reads this post, there are settings that can only be done by calling 150 despite EE claiming that everything can be done by logging into MyEE. 

I made the mistake of traveling to Spain without speaking to 150 because when I sent 'ROAMING' to 150 I got a message back to

say everything was set up and when I arrived in Spain I received another text to say that because I'm on an EE Extra tariff I can make an receive free calls and texts. In fact when I tried to make a call I got a message stating that calls are restricted, call 470. 

I would urge anyone planning on visiting Europe who are on an EE Extra plan to call 150 before you travel and ask them to remove the International Bar which for some reason is automatically applied to most accounts, including EE Extra. 

by

Morning @drewrcurtis.

Thanks for coming back.

Hope you had a great time!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.