by Brond Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect whilst roaming in Myanmar (Burma)

Hello,

I'm currently in Myanmar (Burma) and am unable to connect to a network whilst in Yangon, the largest city. Have been here several weeks with no luck.

Any advice appreciated, key details below. Thanks in advance.

• Personal customer
  • Monthly plan
  • Roaming activated pre-trip
  • Using a Nexus 5X but have also tested on an old Motorola W156
  • On both devices I can see 2-3 networks after searching, but am unable to register on any of them
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to connect whilst roaming in Myanmar (Burma)

Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @Brond and welcome to the Community.

I have generated you a unique chat link to our customer service team, who will be happy to look into this for you.

This can be found in your Private Messages.

The link will be active from now till 8pm (UK TIME).

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Brond Contributor
Contributor

@XRaySpeX Thanks, but I turned on roaming before I left (and have since checked with customer services that its on).

@Lee_H Thank you for the chat link. I spoke to a technical expert, and was told that EE does not support roaming in Myanmar/Burma. This is rather confusing as EE's website has a Burma roaming page - which gives the impression it is supported. Can anyone shed any further light?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE might have a Burma roaming page but it is empty of costs and has nowt to offer.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Brond

I am looking into this for you, and the content @XRaySpeX has highlighted.

Have you turned 4G/LTE off on the device?

Have you tried a manual network selection?

Thanks.

Smiley Happy

by Brond Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Richard_C

Yes I've tried both, and neither worked.

The customer service chat told me EE does not work with any networks in Myanmar - so assuming that's correct, I don't think there's anything else I can do?

by
EE Community Support Team

I don't think there is @Brond I am getting that help page looked at.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't pick up network

Richard

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.