by Marcus1995
Explorer

Unable to call the UK even with 4GEE plan whilst living in Denmark

So basically I'd been living in Denmark since August with an Samsung S4 on a contract which gave me no trouble calling and messaging my family, friends and university back in the UK. For Christmas I returned home to England and I upgraded to the A3 with a similar contract which encompassed the 4GEE plan; in other words texts and calls to the UK were included in it with 500MB of data. Since arriving in Denmark I sent one text to my family to reassure them I was back in Denmark safe and sound that worked, as did my internet, but since then I've needed to call my bank and my university to make sure my finances are ok and to check on potential job offers I'm hoping to hear from: Everytime I call however I get an automated response saying "the requested service or function is not implemented" which obviously it must be if texting and internet is working??

Any ideas, I'd be so grateful??

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to call the UK even with 4GEE plan whilst living in Denmark

Hi, 

If you changed your contract then you will need to activate roaming again on your new contract. CS can do this for you.   

Also you are limited to 30 roaming before you need to log onto the UK network and make a chargeable call. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Marcus1995
Explorer

So Northerner what you're saying is that I need to contact EE directly? Just right now data roaming is switched on on my phone (3G/2G Network mode) and I was able to send a text a few days ago so clearly it was working before?

Also how do I log onto the UK nework?

I do appreciate the help 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Marcus1995.

The plan you have is for UK based customers only and your phone must be used in the UK at least once every 30 days to make calls.

The maximum call duration per call on these plans is 120 minutes after which time, you must redial to continue the call.

I have sent you a private message on here with a link to the chat team to look into your account.

Thanks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.