by mw07london Investigator
Investigator

Unable to.call UK from USA. Roaming enabled and add on purchased?

Every time i try to ring a contact in the phone or dial a number in the uk, i get the same recorded message from t-mobile saying that " the service you are attempting to use is restricted or unavailable  contact customer care with message FL14365". Roaming is enabled and I have purchased the appropriate add on.  Please help!!

7 REPLIES 7
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Unable to.call UK from USA. Roaming enabled and add on purchased?

Hello @mw07london,

Welcome to the community,

Have you made sure that you have international dialling enabled?

You may want to check here about roaming if you have not already done so:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-Roaming-What-to-do-if-you-re-having-problems-abroad/td-p/66...

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mw07london,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @Schockwave. To remove the international calling bar, please login to My EE and select 'Manage device' from the menu.

Thanks

James

Investigator

International dialling is enabled and I have roaming plan confirmed - still not working ...!
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Roaming is enabled where? You may have it enabled on your phone but did you enable it on your EE a/c before you left by texting ROAMING to 150?

Are you able to use data to get on the Net?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Unfortunately yes - have texted 150 and have received a reply that roaming is already enabled. Am able to access data with no problem but just can't call anywhere.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mw07london wrote:

just can't call anywhere.

If "anywhere" Is non-UK nos, you need "Call Abroad & Premium Rate" allowed in your MyEE. If you can't tick it yourself you will need to ask EE. Use the landline nos in my sig from another phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @mw07london

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Has the advice from @XRaySpeX helped you make calls?

Speak soon, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.