by mjc Investigator
Investigator

USA with EE – am I understanding this correctly?

Hi

First post!

I have a Pay Monthy (30 day) EE SIM, I'm travelling to the USA in a few months and need to keep my number active for work calls while travelling, I have activated the World Talk & Text package to cover calls & texts (should I need it).

I tried to sign up for the Travel Data Pass, but unfortunately my Tariff isn't eligible.

Therefore am I right in thinking my only option for Data in the USA is the Zone A Data Add-on? I understand these can only purchased once I'm in the USA, are they easy to activate once abroad? Do I need the EE App to activate.

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: USA with EE – am I understanding this correctly?

Hello @mjc yes they would be the roaming add ons to choose from if the data pass is not available on your plan. Make sure roaming is enabled on your account at least 24-48hrs before you fly by texting the code RO to 150. When you have arrived you should be automatically directed to the add on page when trying to access the internet to buy the relevant roaming add on. :):

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @mjc yes they would be the roaming add ons to choose from if the data pass is not available on your plan. Make sure roaming is enabled on your account at least 24-48hrs before you fly by texting the code RO to 150. When you have arrived you should be automatically directed to the add on page when trying to access the internet to buy the relevant roaming add on. :):

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Make sure you text ROAMING to 150 before you leave to check that roaming is enabled on your a/c.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mjc Investigator
Investigator

Thanks

In My EE > Manage Device, I have a tick next to Roaming.

However, I may do as you suggest just to double check.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @mjc come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.