by Graham7
Explorer

USA travel data pass won't enable

Hi, 

I've just arrived in the USA and I'm not getting the travel data pass enabled? I've used it before many times (in the EU) and never turned it off. 

I've texted travel to 150 but it returns a message about not being able to update my account.. Is anyone able to turn this on for me please? 

Live chat doesn't pop up at all and I can't be on hold with customer services for ages at £1/minute! So thought I'd post here. 

I have a 4G plan which started 23/04/17

Thank you for your help 

Graham 

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: USA travel data pass won't enable

Hi @Graham7 Does it show up as an add-on in MyEE? (assuming you have wifi of course!)

What happens when you try and use data then? Do you just get redirected to the very reasonably priced add ons?

Have you tried another network (T-mobile if on ATT, or the other way round)?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Graham7

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our 4GEE Max plans allow you to use your UK calls, texts and data (up to 15GB) in the USA. 

Please text AL to 150, this will confirm if you're on one of these plans and what your allowances cover. It may explain why the travel pass isn't working.

You can see a list of international add-ons for the USA on our roaming tool.

Please let me know if that helps or if you managed to get in contact with customer services.

Chris 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

A max plan from April won't have the USA included though (unless you believe customer services) and the travel data pass could only be added to the old max plans after May 10th.

Upgrading to an old Max plan in April would have removed the travel data pass and any EU roaming since then would have been out of the normal allowance anyway and wouldn't have needed the travel data pass to be on.

by Graham7
Explorer

Hi Chris, 

I texted AL but it just mentions about EU roaming.. 

I'm not on a Max plan, just the normal one. 

It doesn't show up as an add on in my EE.. And when I text travel to 150, I just get a message about being unable to update my account 😕

I really need this enabled 😞

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Oh sorry, my mistake about the max plan.

Livechat EE or try skype on wifi and call +44 800 956 6000 for free?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.