by Swirving Investigator
Investigator

USA roaming

I’m in the USA and I received several texts about data roaming add ins and calls costing £1.20 a minute, but, on my max plan is t it all supposed to be included? 

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: USA roaming

Yes, if you took it out after 10 May 2017.

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Otherwise try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE haven't managed to get the correct welcome message for me when I'm in the USA for years.

If data is working without any add-ons being on your account, you should be ok.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Swirving   Your just receiving the standardised message that everyone else gets regardless of your tariff and that that tariff allows.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Swirving.

Welcome to the community 🙂

Have a look at our Roaming Page for all of the information on using your phone in the USA.

As previously mentioned, as long as you took out your Max Plan after 10 May 2017 then you'll be able to use your calls, texts, and up to 15GB of data.

Jon

by Swirving Investigator
Investigator

i Jon,

I went into the EE store in Cheltenham to check, I said I wanted to change my plan if the USA was not included in free minutes etc as I was coming out here for two months.  The chap assured me it was included on my plan and I shouldn't change it.  Now I discover that because I took my plan out in March 2017 that I'm not eligible and cannot use data roaming and have already got extra charges on my phone, what can I do now?

Thanks

Matt

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Swirving You might want to look at the roam further add-on, which will cost you £10 a month whilst it's on your account. Details here.

by Swirving Investigator
Investigator

Hey,

The fact that I went into the store to specifically check and change my plan if it were not included, that would annoy me, greatly!

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I appreciate that, @Swirving and EE confused a lot of people with the max plans and changes on 10th May 2017 but I'm just trying to suggest what you can do right now to get it working with a set fee a month. You could wait to discuss with EE in the morning and see if you can still change plan though, or add the pass.

by Swirving Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, I'll just use wifi for now I guess. I've just emailed them, the fact that their own employees don't even know apparently is a bit of a joke!

I mean, he spent more time trying to sell me a ipad and telling me not to change my plan as it was such a good one and now I'm stuck with it in the USA unable to use it.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Swirving,

That's great advice from @chistery. I'd also recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care Team so they can look at changing your plan.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.