by squinn73
Visitor

USA roaming

Can current 4g max customers take advantage of roaming in USA? I only upgraded again last month

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Re: USA roaming

Hi, 

No unfortunately not. If you have an existing Max plan you don't don't get the additional locations. You can however speak to EE about upgrading to one of the new Max plans which will give you the additional coverage. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
9 REPLIES 9
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Hi, 

No unfortunately not. If you have an existing Max plan you don't don't get the additional locations. You can however speak to EE about upgrading to one of the new Max plans which will give you the additional coverage. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

From 15th June, you can add the Travel Data Pass to your existing max plan, which gives you 500MB of data for £4 a day

http://shop.ee.co.uk/international/travelling-abroad/travel-data-pass

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @squinn73

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you would like the USA included please do get in touch with our customer service team as the existing plans will not include this you would need to move to a new plan.

For full information please see our price plans help page.

Thanks very much 🙂

by alexblag
Explorer

When I was speaking to someone online they told me my current SIM only MAX Plan DID include the 5 extra countries...

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@alexblag wrote:

When I was speaking to someone online they told me my current SIM only MAX Plan DID include the 5 extra countries...

Customer services keep saying this, I have it recorded in the transcript and I got them to text me confirmation. They all say from 15th June existing max plan users will get the extra 5 countries included on an existing max plan.

EE staff in the forum deny that. I'm going to wait till the 15th, see what happens, then complain if I need to. EE have had plenty of time to correct their staff if this is wrong, but they haven't, despite staff in this forum saying they've passed the feedback on.

by alexblag
Explorer

I'm glad I'm not the only one. How can customer services give two opposing answers?! I've spoke to two people online, with one transcript saved both telling me that current MAX Plans WILL include the 5 extra countries, (as they should for the price, otherwise I'm paying more for the same as an essentials plan) after the 15 June. 

by slliw Contributor
Contributor

I did get in touch with customer services and they said as i was already an existing customer currently on the ee4g max plan i would get the extra 5 countries at no extra cost. They confrimed this with me 4 times to the point it started to seem silly.

They even sent me a text to confirm that from 15/6/17 my plan would include the 5 countries.

by Louisc00

I was just about to unlock my phone and buy a 3 sim card as I am travelling to America today. However I was told in EE store today that no worries I had USA ROAMING so I thought that's sorted 

When I got to the airport I've doubled checked I've found out from looking at the forums that this is completely untrue(upgraded in April 2017). This information was provided to me by the tooting broadway store on the 14th October approx 12.45pm. (After checking my account on the system in-store) 

EE please educate your staff

I wont be paying the £4 a day and I would like you to contact me on how you are going to resolve this matter. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Louisc00

Thank you for posting in community 🙂

Are you a pay monthly EE customer?

Here is some information from our Using your EE allowance when Roaming

What countries can I use my price plan allowance in?

You can use your price plan allowance in 48 EU countries which includes minutes, texts and up to 15GB of your data allowance.

Any price plan taken before the 10 May 2017 will not have USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand included within the allowance.

If you would like to benefit from these additional 5 countries please get in touch with our customer service team to discuss changing your plan to one of the new 4GEE Max Plans that became available on 10 May 2017.

If you would like to speak to someone about this, please contact customer services and live chat is available if you are a pay monthly personal customer.

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.