by Creasy9902 Investigator
Investigator

USA roaming emergency calls and no service only help to fix please

Hi there I am currently in the USA and have had 4g and signal since I've been here however after going in to a known signal blackspot my phone is emergency calls only and no service and the solution to select a network from search for network would involve me registering with a foreign network, how can I fix this and what should I do any help would be really helpful thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: USA roaming emergency calls and no service only help to fix please

Try turning off your handset and then turn it back on again.

Investigator

I've turned it on and off multiple times and then removed and replaced entered the sim card and it still has no network when I look at he sim status it say no network...

by
EE Employee

Hi @Creasy9902 and welcome to the community.

I would perform a manual search and choose another network that you are able to connect to.

All networks overseas are classed as roaming.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi there I'm a bit basic when it comes to roaming abroad so if I manually select a network abroad and register on it and use data it will not charge me over the top and will be within my £4 a day ee add on abroad plan for 5oomb a day?

Investigator

Roaming in usa

When roaming in the USA if registering on a network using manual search will it be classed as roaming under the add on £4 a day roaming abroad, so no extra charge e.g if I'm on ee and register as AT&T will I be charged on my normal £4 a day.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Creasy9902

Any network overseas will be included in the relevant bundles for the country you are in.

Are you near a border?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Im not near a border no I've tried to select the only two networks available and it states I can't connect due to sim not allowing me to connect to this network it states...

by
EE Employee

Hi @Creasy9902

If you have been able to connect during your trip it does sound like it could be a local network fault.

Does anyone else who you are with have the same issue?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You can only connect to networks where EE have a roaming agreement in place. Which networks appear in a manual search?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.