by Ad13 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

USA Roaming on AT&T

I'm currently in Miami and I can roam using the travel data pack perfectly on T-Mobile 4G for the last couple of weeks, however my phone is now picking up AT&T and won't allow any data as it's staining that I don't have an eligible data plan. I know I can force the iPhone to select T-Mobile, but I was under the impression that AT&T were roaming partners? It's also only showing 3G when connected to AT&T and no 4G either. Any ideas???

10 REPLIES 10
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: USA Roaming on AT&T

Hello @Ad13 you would need to contact AT&T about any issues they are having as they are a separate company/network and apart from sharing a roaming agreement EE have nothing to do with the service (or lack of) you are currently receiving from them. If you can roam fine using other networks then there is nothing wrong with your EE line. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @Ad13

Welcome to the EE community 🙂

Are you a T-Mobile or EE pay monthly customer?

Have you tried manually selecting a Network on the phone?

What happens when you select T-Mobile?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

@Richard_C Thanks for the reply.

I'm a pay monthly SIM only customer. 

I can manually select T-Mobile and it works perfectly. However if I select AT&T (which appears to be a higher priority when set to automatic selection), a pop-up on my iPhone pops up to say I cannot access data as I don't have an eligible plan. 

I'm happy to manually select T-Mobile, but AT&T's coverage is almost always better in building and at the locations I'm staying. Given the choice, I'd choose AT&T every time. 

AT&T are listed as a 4G roaming partner on the EE website, but I can certainly confirm that I'm not able to use their data services. 

Established Contributor

@Profile closed AT&T won't have a clue about why I can't access their services and they'd just refer me back to EE. This is the problem with roaming, nobody takes responsibility if things aren't perfect.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Ad13 they will be able to advise you of any signal or network issues they may be experiencing at the moment either in your area specifically or across the whole network. 🙂

by

Hi @Ad13,

Welcome to the EE Community.

It sounds like there could be a local issue with the AT&T network.

I'll pass your feedback on to our roaming team to make sure it's not a larger issue.

Please continue to select T-Mobile manually if that's working for you.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

@James_B So I've travelled many miles around the Miami area and there's definitely a problem with roaming on AT&T.

We have two EE iPhones here at the moment that are roaming and both displaying the same issues not being able to connect whilst on AT&T. Manually selecting T-Mobile does work, but as AT&T are listed as a partner allowing 4G roaming, they are definitely not allowing it here. AT&T would always be the preferred network due to their better coverage footprint.

Can someone look in to this please?

by

Hi @Ad13,

Thanks again, I'll make sure your feedback is passed onto the roaming team.

- James

Established Contributor

@James_B I'd like to give you an update on this situation. I arrived back home and I had the same issue - my iPhone said that even though I was connected to EE, that I did not have a eligible data plan. It turns out that a profile had installed itself onto the iPhone when I put a SIM in from the US and this was the problem, not EE's roaming. The SIM I put into the phone ran on the AT&T network as H2O as a MVNO. I deleted the profile and all worked perfectly. I thought I'd update here as it wasn't EE's issue, but something I created myself! Apologies for automatically blaming EE. 

by

Thanks for letting me know @Ad13.

Glad you found the cause of the issue. Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.