by Londonmo Investigator
Investigator

Turn on data roaming outside the EU?

I am looking to travel outside the EU. I just want to make and receive calls. I do not want to access the internet. I am also purchasing the calling abroad bundle. Do i need to turn on data roaming to make or receive calls? Please assist anyone

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Turn on data roaming outside the EU?

Looks like a Roaming add-on. Costs from Saudi Arabia can be found in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/saudi-... .

It would help to know if you are on contract or PAYG?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you don't need data roaming turned on just to make or receive calls or texts.

Are you on contract or PAYG? Where are you going?

The Calling Abroad bundle won't be much help to you while abroad. It's for making International calls from the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Londonmo Investigator
Investigator

ts called roaming outside the eu... - i was told £6 - 30 mins..  £10 - 60 mins , £20 - 120 mins.. going to saudi arabia

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Looks like a Roaming add-on. Costs from Saudi Arabia can be found in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/saudi-... .

It would help to know if you are on contract or PAYG?

by Londonmo Investigator
Investigator

It is a contract.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Londonmo

Thanks for posting on the community.

If you text ROAMING to 150 we will let you know if your all set up to use your phone abroad.

I can see @XRaySpeX has provided the roaming charges for Saudi Arabia to help you and this includes call and text add-on information.

Have a great time 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Unless you have added a recurring add on like a data pass, you will not be charged for data outside of the EU, even if data is enabled on your phone. You need to purchase an add-on for data. If you try using your phone browser you will be redirected to the add-on page to buy one.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.