by jameswright83
Explorer

Travelling to New Zealand

I'm travelling to New Zealand for a fortnight in October, and want to know what I need to do with my phone.

I want to be able to access the internet/emails/whatsapp without incurring extra charges, and also be able to make phone calls (though I don't anticipate needing to do many, just if I need to phone a hotel to get directions or something).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Travelling to New Zealand

Hi @jameswright83

Welcome to the community. 🙂

First thing first, check your phone is set up for roaming. You can do this through your My EE account or by texting ROAMING to 150.

Secondly, if you took out or upgraded to a Max plan after May 2017, you can use your normal UK allowances (calls, texts and data up to 15GB) when roaming in New Zealand.

If you're not on a Max plan, you can change to one by calling 150 or see costs for calls, texts and data on the roaming tool for other plans.

Have an amazing time! 😄

Chris

by jameswright83
Explorer

Hi @Christopher_G 

I can't find anything about Max Plan on MyEE (either saying whether or not I have it, or giving me the option of upgrading to one).

by
EE Community Support Team

OK @jameswright83

It should show under 'My Plan' which plan you're on. For example Max Plan 60GB.

If you're not on one and wish to change, just give our Mobile Care team a call on 150.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.