by Quovadis2895
Visitor

Travelling to Madeira portugal on Saturday 29th for three weeks what pack please

Hi I am travelling to Madeira on Saturday for three weeks what would be the best add on package I can get for text and calls to the UK please?

Is it cost effective to use the phone as a hotspot to download emails from my Iphone or does this work out really expensive ? 

Any other way to get internet cheaply using the phone in Madeira please but using EE rather than local hotspots as we will be rather remote 

Kind regards to all 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Travelling to Madeira portugal on Saturday 29th for three weeks what pack pl

@Quovadis2895  you can use your current pack allowance while there.   You can use your allowance in the EU now.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Travelling to Madeira portugal on Saturday 29th for three weeks what pack pl

Hello there @Quovadis2895

Welcome to the community.

That is great advice from @Chris_B 🙂

You can use your minutes, texts and up to 15GB of your data allowance in Portugal.

If you are a pay as you go customer, roaming is already active and ready to use.

If you're a pay monthly customer on any plan, you will need to check roaming is set up before you travel.

There are a few ways to check if you have roaming set up, and some steps to help you if you don't.

• Text ROAMING to 150 – you'll receive a text with details about your roaming status and how to activate roaming if needed.

• Call Customer Services and choose options 1, 2 and 4 - the automated system will let you know if roaming is active and help you set it up if it's not.

• In your My EE account online go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate> They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated.

It can take up to 24 hours to become active on your account, so it's important to set it up before you travel.

Hope you have a lovely time 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.