by MB52
Explorer

Travelling in Europe/Russia

I will be spending some time in EU & Russia. Current EE package is OK in EU but costly in Russia. I need my mobile number for contacts in UK, so option of buying a Russia SIM is n/a. Therefore seems I will have to add calls/texts add ons. How does it work? Does the mobile automatically use the EU package when I'm in EU and then when I'm in Russia automatically draw down on the non-EU "add on" package?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Travelling in Europe/Russia

@MB52: In the EU you'll use your UK allowances (up to 15 GB / month for data).

In Russia you'll pay for calls & texts at standard roaming rates - see https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/russia . There's no calls/texts add-on there; only data add-ons.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by MB52
Explorer

Thanks but standard "add on" refers to data package. I've been in contact with EE tonight and for 120 min calls + 100 texts, cost is £26.00.  So if I went down that route, my question is, do EE automatically move from my Pay Monthly included calls/texts when I'm in EU to the "add ons" when I'm in Russia?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, if it is true that you can get such a roaming calls & text add-on. No such add-on is shown on that Russia roaming page nor in the price list. Otherwise you'll be paying those standard per-unit rates I told you about.

Once you leave the EU your included UK calls/texts cease to be valid there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.