by Ian_Seaton Investigator
Investigator

Travel data pass not working in India

My travel data pack has not renewed today, I have been in India since Sunday and today Wednesday it didn't and prompted me to by a ridiculously expensive limited data pack. 

Having read the community entries I have rebooted my phone, changed roaming provider etc. With no success 

What is wrong and how can I fix it. 

I have a 4Gee max monthly contract on a Nexus 5x phone. 

32 REPLIES 32
by IanB18 Investigator
Investigator

Daily data add on

Why is my daily data add on not working but I can buy the more expensive one which costs 5 times as much?? Seems strange that my daily data is not activating but I can buy the same 500MB for £35.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Daily data add on

Where are you & are you on a EE Max plan?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by hannahcdobson
Visitor

Why is my 4G working when I’ve bought a Travel Data Pass for the USA?

My 4G has not been working since I switched on my phone this morning. I bought the Travel Data Pass, which allowed me to use internet the day before, but now not at all. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? 

by IanB18 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Daily data add on

I am in China, my data pass has worked, then last 3 days stopped I have spent over a £100 trying to get this sorted. Yes I am on the max plan.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why is my 4G working when I’ve bought a Travel Data Pass for the USA?

Are you on an recent EE Max plan?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Rachael497
Visitor

Travel data pass not working and in America. Really need to sort this asap.

I'm in America and travel data pass worked fine for first Three days. It won't refresh with new data now and I've tried it 2 days in a row. Going on a road trip tomorrow and won't have wifi so this is my only way of contact without buying extra data at a higher cost. Not impressed 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Travel data pass not working and in America. Really need to sort this asap.

Are you on a recent EE Max plan?

by Traveling123 Investigator
Investigator

Data Pass stopped working in thailand

Hi EE, 

Same issue that a few other people are having with data pass. Was working for 6 days then it stopped the last two days. Is this something to do with month end? Have restarted a bunch of times, and resent travel code to 150. Reply says it is activated. Too expensive to call while roaming. 

So my thoughts are, i will buy 5 100mb chunks daily at 7 pound each, so 35 pound a day, for the remaining 10 days of my trip. Then EE can refund me 300 pounds when i get back to the uk. 350 minus 10x5pound. 

Let me know if you want to sort this out a different way 

Cheers 

by Piersm
Visitor

Re: Travel data pass not working in India

It isn’t working here in the UAE either. Exactly the same - worked fine up to Tuesday 31st October but not since then. Have tried all obvious fixes. Extremely frustrating 

by Jessgough2510 Investigator
Investigator

Travel pass not working

I have been in turkey since 10th October and my travel pass was working fine. For the last few days it will not activate. I have tried removing and re-adding the add on but it isn’t working 

by Bradleyg40
Explorer

Same issue here in Thailand!

data worked fine on the 31st and 1st but nothing at all today just says 0mb and no renewal! 

by ajaffa

Re: Travel data pass not working and in America. Really need to sort this asap.

I’ve got the same problem. 

EE how can we get the data working and will I still be charged even though it’s been of no use. 

Not impressed snd and not happy!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ian_Seaton @Piersm @Bradleyg40,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I've sent you all a private message to get some details to help me report this issue.

If you have the time you can also chat with our technical team by logging in to My EE.

Thanks

James

by Jessgough2510 Investigator
Investigator

I have exactly the same issue in turkey!

by

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Our technical team are now working to fix the issue as soon as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

James

by

Hi Everyone,

We’ve now resolved the Travel Data Pass issue.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

James

by Bradleyg40
Explorer

Still nothing for me here James

still showing as 0mb available and no renewal!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Travel data pass not working

If you on a recent EE Max Plan you are not allowed to buy a Travel Data Pass anyway.

Travel Data Pass

Who can get it

Available to customers on all handset and SIM only pay monthly plans with the exception of Max plan customers who upgraded or joined after 10th May 2017.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Bradleyg40

Please can I try and get you to perform a manual network search and choose a provider different to what you are using.

Does this help?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.