by Sadz Investigator
Investigator

Travel data pass not working in Bangladesh

Hi,

I activated travel data pass a few days ago by texting TRAVEL to 150 and then spoke to an EE agent on the phone to verify the add on has been correctly added.

I’ve since arrived in Bangladesh and cannot get data to work at all. According to the EE website I should get 150MB for £6 daily. 

The data roaming option is enabled on my phone. I’ve tried restarting multiple times.

Please help! Is there anything I’ve missed in the activation process.

Sadia

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Travel data pass not working in Bangladesh

@Sadz wrote:

The data roaming option is enabled on my phone.

But did you check roaming is enabled on your EE a/c by texting ROAMING to 150 before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Sadz Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I checked roaming is enabled before I left the UK by texting ROAMING to 150. I also verified by talking to an EE agent before I left the UK. 

by Sadz Investigator
Investigator

Also, roaming for calls and texts seems to work fine as I can call and text as well as receive calls and texts for both UK and Bangladeshi numbers.

Its just the data that I can’t get to work.

Should I have received a text on arrival with instructions on how to activate the travel data pass?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Sadz.

Welcome to the community.

Are there any other networks in Bangladesh that you can try connecting to?

Did you not receive any text at all when you arrived?

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.