by Cathrin Investigator
Investigator

Travel data package

Hi 

I was planning to leave EE in Feb 2017 but decided to stay as the agent on the phone offered me a great deal (why they don't show these great deals on originally upgrading I don't know...)

i am visiting the US in a few weeks and repeatedly asked the agent if I could use the travel pass on my plan (it's a 4gee max  £60 month plan) and she repeatedly told me yes. I have just tried to add this plan by texting travel to 150 and got the below message back. 

Sorry, Travel Data Pass is not available on your price plan. You can find details of all our standard roaming add-ons and prices at ee.co.uk/roaming

Have I been lied to by the agent to try get a deal? I hope not as I need this plan to stay in touch with work / family in the U.K.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Travel data package

Hi, 

Please read EE help guide on this subject here.

Who can get it

Available to customers on Regular, Essential, Extra and Sharer Pay Monthly plans. From 15 June, Travel Data Pass will also be available to customers with 4GEE and Max plans who joined or upgraded from August 2016. Travel Data Pass is not available to mobile broadband/mobile WiFi plans.

Small Business customers: Available to handset and SIM only voice plans except Business Extra Plus plans taken out after 24 February 2016 and Business Extra plans after 28 September 2016. If you’re unsure which plan you’re on, visit My EE or get in touch.

If you are an existing EE Max plan user you can also upgrade your current Max plan so you can benefit from the additional roaming countries. You would need to contact CS to discuss your options with them. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Cathrin Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply, that's very helpful. 

I leave on 09/06 and told the agent this at the time ( I assume phone calls are recorded?) and was told I could use this then.

the post you have quoted states from 15/06 and I cannot use this till this date? Sorry if I have mis read if not!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

You can upgrade your Max plan now to take into account the additional perks/ roaming countries on the new Max plans. Unfortunately this could mean your monthly tariff cost may increase depending on the tariff your choose. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Cathrin Investigator
Investigator

Perfect thank you! I'll give them a call tomorrow! 

Thanks again for the advice 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Cathrin and welcome to the community.

Have you managed to sort out your tariff with customer services?

Many thanks,

Lee 

by Cathrin Investigator
Investigator

I did indeed! Thank you 🙂

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.