by catclaires
Explorer

Travel Data Pass on PAYG

Hi, I'm looking into ordering a PAYG EE SIM to put into my existing (unlocked) phone for upcoming travel to Canada.

The Travel Data Pass add-on (£4.80/500 MB per day) would be perfect for my needs (and is the main reason I would be going for an EE SIM, seeing as my usual PAYG provider doesn't offer any kind of bundle for roaming), but I can't work out from the T&Cs whether I'd be able to get this on PAYG without some kind of bundle/plan. There is only the following info online about availability:

Anyone on an EE pay monthly or SIM Only plan.

It's not currently available to customers on mobile broadband / WiFi plans.

I am assuming that SIM Only means PAYG, but do these T&Cs (seeing as they're talking about being on a plan) mean that I'd need to get a bundle with my SIM in order to be eligible for the Travel Data Pass? Ideally, I just want to order a SIM with no bundle and just £5 or £10 top-up, as the bundles will be no good for me because obviously I won't be able to use their inclusive minutes/text/data in Canada! (Would be planning to keep the top-up credit for emergency use only and use WhatsApp on the data plan for messaging etc.)

I'd be grateful for any clarification - many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Travel Data Pass on PAYG

@catclaires   A sim only plan is just a sim that has a contract and the customer already has a device to put the sim in,  it is not a  PAYG.  

text RO CANADA to 150 to see your options to help keep costs down. 

by catclaires
Explorer

Ah darn, thanks, Chris - I did wonder this initially, but the PAYG page is to be found within the SIM Only section so then I wasn't sure! 🤔 The standard EE PAYG roaming prices are more expensive than some other providers, so I'll carry on researching - thank you again.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@catclaires   HERES  the costs for Canada for PAYG customers. You just need to click it to PAYG at the top. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions