by Dtailor111
Explorer

Travel Data Pass VAT Charge - Max Plan

Hello,

Just received a text stating the following;

'From 1 November your Travel Data Pass is changing: HMRC now require us to charge VAT on your non-EU roaming services. That means that it will cost £4.80 for 500MB of data a day in the USA and Canada and £6 in 9 other destinations. You'll still only pay on days you use data on your phone in one of the included destinations'

I am on the Max Plan and chose this plan specifically because on the USA roaming benefit. What's does this mean for me ? 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Travel Data Pass VAT Charge - Max Plan

@Dtailor111   It’s a message that everyone will get and it doesn’t apply to you if you have a max plan.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are ineligible to buy the Travel Data Pass even if you go to 1 other countries not included in the Max Plan. So this notice doesn't even apply to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Great answers @Chris_B and @XRaySpeX

Thank you for answering @Dtailor111

Hope to see back in community soon.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.