by Pagemakers Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Travel Data Pass Questions

1. I’m on a 4G Max plan. Included in my plan is USA, Mexico.  If I enable a Travel Data Pass and I’m in the USA or Mexico for example will I be charged the daily charge in these countries or will the system know they should be free?
  2. The terms say “Available to customers on all handset and SIM only pay monthly plans with the exception of Max plan customers who upgraded or joined after 10th May 2017.”   I joined after May 10th does this mean I can’t have a Travel data Pass?  I’ve just text TRAVEL to 150 and it says it’s added it, so it doesn’t make sense!!! So confusing. 
17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Travel Data Pass Questions

As you are on an EE Max Plan you can't have a Travel Data Pass but you don't need it in the 5 extra countries your plan covers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

The problem is you activate the data pass once only and leave it enabled.  So eventually you will visit some counties where roaming is free. USA, Canada, Mexico etc. My question was in these counties will I be charged again, even though they are free on my plan. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It shouldn't arise as you shouldn't be able to activate a Travel Data Pass, even in the non-EU countries where roaming is not free for you. Dunno why it's letting you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

EE just replied via tweet to say your plan overrides the data pass, so if it should be free it is free and not charged again. 

Any idea about my 2nd question?  I wonder if it’s a text mistake?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Pagemakers

I would suggest giving us a quick call so we can check your account to see why this has activated and make sure everything is set up correctly for you.

If you are travelling to a country where you can use your allowance you would not be charged for this.

Thanks, Leanne.

Established Contributor

Can you just confirm if a data pass is indeed available to customers who joined EE after May 2017

by

Hi @Pagemakers.

Travel Data Pass is available to all pay monthly customers with the exception of those who upgraded or joined after 10th May 2017 and took out a 4GEE Max plan.

For full information see our Help page here>

Thanks, Leanne.

Established Contributor

That makes no sense.

Are you saying that any customer joining EE now on a 4GEE Max plan (which most plans are) then they can’t have a data pass. 

Why would that be?

by

Hi @Pagemakers

If you joined us after the 10 May 2017 and joined on a 4GEE Max Plan you are unable to use Travel Data Pass.

You can use your minutes, texts and data in 53 destinations including Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and USA.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, it is a nonsense!

It means that those on EE Max Plans cannot even buy the TDP when in the non-EU countries where roaming is not free for them.

Established Contributor

So when I’m in say Turkey for example what are my options?

PS - I know several people who joined well after this date who have the pass on their accounts. This is why I am asking if the web page text is a mistake. 

I’ve called CS and they tell me the pass CAN be added simply by texting TRAVEL to 150.  Confusing is an understatement. 

Established Contributor

It IS being offered to users who joined after May 2017. This was received yesterday in Turkey!

7D3BB899-39DE-4698-A81F-E306125990A0.jpeg

by

Hello there @Pagemakers

I have had this confirmed this is not available if you have joined or upgraded to a 4GEE Max Plan after 10 May 2017.

If this showing available and you have one of these plans can you send me the mobile number in a private message.

We will certainly get this investigated,.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Kandarp
Explorer

How come EE WifiCall available in Turkey? I thought it is available only in the UK. 

Your screenshot says it is active!

by

Good Morning @Kandarp

At the moment WiFi Calling is only supported UK. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

by Kandarp
Explorer

Hi @Katie_B ,

Many thanks for your quick response. I was referring to the screenshot uploaded by @Pagemakers

You can see that the text message says "Welcome to Turkey" but on the top left corner of the phone screenshot, it says "EEWifiCall"

Question: How is EEWifiCall available in Turkey?

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Kandarp,

WiFi calling is only available while you are in the UK. 

The screenshot was provided by a community user querying a data pass.

With the picture showing WiFi calling, i would presume the user in the UK when the screen shot was taken.

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.