by Rudihorvath Contributor
Contributor

Tplink roaming settings

I have a 4G EE contract sim that I use in a TPLink M5380 mifi, it works fine when I use it in the UK, but I cannot connect to it in Spain even though the TPLink connects to the Spanish 4G network on Orange. I know the sim is ok for roaming as I have 15G roaming data and I can use data ok if the sim is used in my iphone. Is there any reason why the mifi only works in the UK?

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Tplink roaming settings

Can you not tether from your iphone, and that way you'll get 4G speeds?

Hopefully someone will be along to help you with the mifi though, have you checked the APN settings?

Contributor

Hi, thanks for reply, I have tried that too, although I created a hotspot on my old iPhone 4 and other devices seemed to connect to it ok no web pages would open. Also the phone is old and has lousy battery life whereas the mifi lasts all day. So I would rather use that.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Rudihorvath

This is very strange, if it is working in UK and your SIM works in any other device.

It does seem to lie with the router, are you able to login to the admin page 192.168.1.1

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

Hi, I just got it working in a local Orange store, it looks like the wifi setting on the TPlink was set to 2.4g and it needed to be 5g where I'm using it. I can now connect to it and open web pages ok, many thanks for your replies 😀

by
EE Employee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.